The one thing that’s common to the new wave of health food is that they are promoting nutritious food that’s not merely palatable, but actually tasty. For long, healthy food was frowned upon (especially in India, where taste is often equated with the deep-fried or the masala-doused) for being bland and boring. However, this is fast changing as we are catching up with international trends. Here are five must-try healthy dishes.
• Flower power pizza: This flourless pizza packs in all the nutrition of cauliflower (used as the base) with the goodness of mushrooms and arugula.
Where: The Pantry, Yeshwant Chambers, near Trishna, Kala Ghoda
Call: 2270 0082
• Scrambled eggs bowl with creamed spinach, potato rosti and grilled tomato: A perfect start to your morning, this breakfast in a bowl has all the nutrition you need to power through the day.
To order, visit: littlefooddaily.com
• Cacao nib and soya milk cheese cake with nachini crust: This dessert is full of super food goodness and tasty.
Where: Across Smoke House Deli outlets
• No carb spaghetti: Replace the flour-based pasta with spiralised yellow squash, carrots and zucchini topped with basil.
Where: Craft, Phoenix Marketcity, Kurla
Call: 6180 2073
• Breakfast smoothie: Combines blueberry, Greek yoghurt, chia seeds, flax seeds and dates in a jar.
Where: Across Love and Cheesecake outlets