From a dice for fidgety people to a cooler with a Bluetooth speaker, there’s hope for even the weirdest of crowdfunding campaigns
1) Fidget cube: The Fidget Cube is a cube with six sides that can be clicked and flipped at tense or boring moments. Targetted at people who can’t sit still, it has managed to gain over $3.4m (Rs 22.79 crore approx) in funding. And it’s still open for funding for another month.
2) Exploding Kittens: This card game has players draw cards; if you draw an Exploding Kitten, it explodes and you are out of the game. But if you pull a defusing card, you can survive. Similar to the Russian Roulette, this game managed to raise $8,782,571 (Rs 58.87 crore).
3) Coolest Cooler: This gadget comes with an ice chest as well as a blender, Bluetooth speaker, USB charger, and a bottle opener. After one failed attempt, it managed to raise $13,285,226 (Rs 89 crore approx) the second time around.
4) MIITO: This liquid heating rod claims to be a sustainable alternative to the electric kettle. To boil water, you just drop the rod into an iron-free bowl, and wait for a minute. It managed to raise €818,098 (Rs 6.16 crore approx).
5) The Potato Salad campaign: The campaign earned its creator Zack Brown $55,492 (Rs 37 lakh approx). His original goal? To raise $10. Brown’s goal? To make potato salad, something he had never done before.