Mumbai will soon be a melting pot of past and contemporary cultural trends — residents can attend Canadian pop star Justin Bieber’s concert in Nerul on Wednesday, or take a peek at the lives of Mahatma Gandhi and Lokmanya Tilak after the state converts a British-era bunker into a tourist attraction sometime soon.
Two women made news recently — While doctors treating Egyptian woman Eman Ahmed said she suffers from serious complications, rape and murder victim, software engineer Nayana Pujari, got justice after three who were accused in connection with the case were pronounced guilty by a sessions court in Pune.
1. Justin Bieber concert in Mumbai on May 10: Drones to act as cops’ eyes at DY Patil Stadium
The Navi Mumbai police will use drones to keep a watch on security at DY Patil stadium, as Canadian singer Justin Bieber performs on May 10.
2. Visit Mumbai’s Raj Bhavan, get a peek into lives of Mahatma Gandhi, Lokmanya Tilak
The British-era 13-room bunker found at Raj Bhavan in Mumbai last year is all set to become a tourist attraction.
3. 2009 Pune techie rape and murder: Sessions court holds all three accused guilty
A sessions court in Pune on Monday held the three accused in the 2009 kidnapping, rape and murder of software engineer Nayana Pujari guilty. The quantum of sentence will be pronounced on Tuesday.
4. Summer heat: 1,224 birds found dehydrated between March and May, cases up by 33% since last year
As many as 1,224 birds were found dehydrated between March and May in Mumbai. The reason: rising temperatures, scarce water bodies and fewer trees in the city.
5. Eman Ahmed has complications, including cardiac issue: Abu Dhabi hospital docs
Doctors at a hospital in Abu Dhabi have said Eman Ahmed, the 36-year-old Egyptian woman who was in Mumbai for a weight loss treatment, suffers from several complications, including a serious heart issue, along with problems related to her obesity.