Carpenter misfires, lodges nail in co-worker’s head | mumbai news | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jun 28, 2017-Wednesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Carpenter misfires, lodges nail in co-worker’s head

Nitin Vishwakarma, a 24-year-old carpenter, had a lucky escape after doctors from Pimpri Chinchwad removed a two-inch long nail that his co-worker had fired into his head by accident

mumbai Updated: Aug 11, 2016 11:38 IST
HT Correspondent
nail
Nitin Vishwakarma, the carpenter who had the nail lodged in his head(HT Photo)

Nitin Vishwakarma, a 24-year-old carpenter, had a lucky escape after doctors from Pimpri Chinchwad removed a two-inch long nail that his co-worker had fired into his head by accident.

On August 5, Vishwakarma was working at Talegaon to complete a piece of furniture when his co-worker, while testing nail gun, misfired it. The nail lodged inside Nitin’s head, leading to bleeding and uncontrollable pain.

Nitin was rushed to Star hospital in Akurdi. The doctors subjected him to city scan, which showed the nail inside Vishwakarma’s head. “We immediately operated on him and successfully removed the nail. Since the nail did not damage any vital blood vessel, the patient was out of danger,” said Dr Pramod Kubade, director at Star hospital.

According to doctors, Vishwakarma will be discharged from the hospital on Thursday.