Food, theatre, music: 10 things to do in Mumbai this weekend
Want to make the most of your weekend? Here’s howHT48HRS_Special Updated: Aug 12, 2016 12:43 IST
Your Mumbai weekend (Aug 12, 13, 14). Sorted
1) Theatre: Selfie (August 12, 13) - A satire featuring a group of ladies in a waiting room at a railway station. The cast includes TV actors Tanaaz Irani, Dimple Shah and Kishwer Merchant.
Where:Bhaidas Auditorium, Vile Parle (W); Contact: 4219 9924
Price: Rs. 500; When: 8.30pm (12) & 7.30pm (13)
2) Performance: Ghost Stories (August 14) - Akriti Singh will narrate and perform a series of occurences selected from her own travels. Expect spirits, ghosts, time travel, and more.
Where: HIVE, Chuim Village Road, Khar (W); Contact: 96199 62969
Price: Rs 250; When:6.30pm & 8.30pm
3) Music: Where We At 007 (August 12) - This edition of Where We At features producer, synth player Sandunes (DJ Set) and electronic, ethnic sound producer Malfnktion (Aditya Alamuru).
Where: Bonobo, off Linking Road, Bandra (W); Contact: 2605 5050
Entry: Free; When: 9pm onwards
4)Food and drinks: Endless Dim Sum (August 12 13 14) - All-you-can-eat dim sums: pick from veg options like the truffle and English carrot, and non-veg options like prawn and Chinese chive, chicken and prawn sui mai. Where: Yauatcha, Bandra Kurla Complex; Contact: 92222 22800
Price: Rs. 1,800 onwards; When: 3.30pm to 7pm
5)Travel: Dodhani Waterfall (August 13) - The seasonal Dodhani waterfall is in its full glory now, just for two months. Wht better place to go rappelling?
Where: Chhatrpati Shivaji Terminus (assembly point); To register, email email@example.com
Price: Rs 1,000 onwards; When: 5.30am (assembly time)
6) Food and drink: Cocktail Trio (August 12 13 14) - Three cocktails inspired by London, Mykonos, and Marrakech. Pair with signature Hakkasan dimsums.
Where: Hakkasan, Waterfield Road, Bandra (W), Contact: 2644 4444
Price: Rs. 2,000 onwards; When: 12pm to 4pm & 7pm to 1am
7) Walk: Past & Present (August 13) - Explore Bandra, and learn about its history, culture, and how it’s become what it is today.
Where: Taj Lands End, Band Stand, Bandra (W) ; Contact: 90222 70033
Price: Rs. 599 onwards; Register: bluebulb.in; When: 10.30am
8) Food and drink: Brunch Blowout (August 13 14) - All-day brunch at 145 includes a specially curated menu. The highlights are caramel French toast, spinach cheese crepe, and red velvet pancakes.
Where: 145, Kala Ghoda, Fort; Contact: 4039 6638
Price: Rs. 300 onwards ; When: 10am to 6pm
9) Art: Mapping Stillness (August 12 13 14) - Artists Sujith SN, Prathap Modi, and Madhu Das try to capture aspects of stillness in their watercolours and woodblocks.
Where: Nine Fish Art Gallery, The New Great Eastern Mills, Byculla (E); Contact: 6554 2300
Entry: Free; When: 10.30am to 7.30pm
10) Food: Parsi Food Festival (August 12 13 14) - What better way to celebrate Navroz than with food? Dig into mutton dhansak, patra ni machhi, lagan nu custard, and more.
Where: Pondichery Cafe, Sofitel Mumbai BKC; Contact: 6117 5115
Price: Rs 3,100 onward; When: 7pm
FROM THE PANTRY
For the next edition of From The Pantry, email us recipes using POTATO, along with a high-res photo of your dish, a photo of yourself, along with your name, address and contact number at firstname.lastname@example.org. The best recipe wins an exciting prize.
When: By August 16