The best of the weekend, curated.
FRIDAY, September 9
1) Food: Asian Experience: Dig into fusion dishes such as pind da hummus and Singapore curried noodles, among other dishes by Chef Atul Kochhar.
Where: NRI, Maker Maxity, North Avenue 2, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (E); Call: 6661 4313; Price: Rs 2,000; When: 12pm onwards
2) Workshop: Sound Healing and Naad Yoga: Learn a four-step meditation exercise that will strengthen your sense of self-awareness and help relax in stressful situations. The workshop will be hosted by yoga master Chintan Dalal.
Where: Anahata Yogshala, Joy Villa, off Khar Danda Road, Khar (W); Call: 6553 3333; Ticket: Rs 1,000 onwards; When: 6:30pm to 8pm
3) Film: Budhia Singh — Born to Run: Catch the screening of a film on the five-year old runner Budhia Singh and his record-breaking 48 marathons, under the supervision of his coach Biranchi Das (portrayed by actor Manoj Bajpayee).
Where: Little Theatre, NCPA, Nariman Point; Call: 6622 3737; Entry: Free; When: 6:30pm
SATURDAY, September 10
4) Music: EDM Night: Enjoy Swedish musician DJ Otto Knows’s signature dance hits, including Next to Me, Dying for You, and Million Voices.
Where: Kitty Su, The Lalit Building, Marol, Andheri (E); Call: 99876 03114; Tickets: Rs 500; When: 10pm onwards
5) Mughlai Delight: Try royal Mughlai cuisine, including dishes such as paneer makhani, raan masala, rabdi, rasmalai, and phirni.
Where: Koyla, Aram Nagar, Versova, Andheri (W); Call: 6517 8888; Price: Rs 1,500; When: 7pm onwards
6) Theatre: Toba Tek Singh: A fictional tale of India and Pakistan’s decision to exchange their mental asylum inmates on religious grounds, this play by Saadat Hasan Manto discusses the concepts of nationalism and patriotism.
Where: Whistling Woods Andheri Base, Hard Rock Cafe building, Link Road, Andheri (W); Call: 3395 6238; Ticket: Rs 300; When: 6.30pm
7) Art: Buddha Artwork: Artist Nitin Pawar pays homage to Buddha and depicts his spirituality, and thoughts on eternal happiness and world peace, though a series of abstract paintings.
Where: Buddha’s Art World Gallery, Dragonfly Hotel, near JB Nagar Gurudwara, Chakala, Andheri (E); Call: 98700 06543; Entry: Free; When: 11am onwards
SUNDAY, September 11
8) Food: Kids’ Special: Enjoy quality time with your children as you gorge on nachos, cheesy fries and mini garlic herb bread, among other dishes.
Where: Café Mangii, Mangal Bhawan, off Linking Road, Khar (W); Call: 2268 2212; Price: Rs 1,500; When: 12pm onwards
9) Art: Cameos of a City: A series of paintings by artist Schon Mendes showcases the bustling, fast-paced life in India’s metropolitan cities.
Where: Sakshi Gallery, Grants Building, Arthur Bunder Road, Colaba; Call: 6610 3424; Entry: Free; When: 11am to 6pm
10) Food: China’s Mid-Autumn Festival: This weekend, enjoy traditional Oriental festive food with a modern twist: classic Chinese mooncakes infused with jasmine tea, salted caramel and sesame mooncake, and coconut with mixed nuts mooncake.
Where: Yauatcha, Raheja Tower, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (E); Call: 92222 22800; Price: Rs 250 onwards; When: 12pm onwards