There may have been no takers for the rare 2.5ft-long sunfish brought to Crawford market in south Mumbai, but the city is certainly excited about getting a public park five times the size of Oval Maidan. How Zakir Naik lured his aide to how people are betting on IPL matches. Here are our top five picks of the day.
1. 10 arrested in Mumbai for betting on IPL matches
The DB marg Police arrested 10 people who were betting on the ongoing Indian Premiere League (IPL) cricket matches at Grant Road (East) in Mumbai on Monday. The men were accepting bets on the match results.
2. IRF head Zakir Naik lured me with promise of flat in south Mumbai, marble contracts: aide Gazdar
A flat in Mazgaon in south Mumbai, contracts for his construction firm -- this is how televangelist and Islamic Research Foundation (IRF) head Zakir Naik lured his aide Aamir Gazdar to lend his name to his companies.
3. Rare 2.5ft-long sunfish reaches south Mumbai’s Crawford market, finds no buyers
Fish traders at south Mumbai’s Crawford market were in for a pleasant surprise on Saturday -- among the catch was a 2.5ft-long rare southern ocean sunfish. While the rare find, which is also protected species, created a lot of buzz, it failed to find a buyer.
4. Eastern waterfront revamp: Mumbai to get public park five times the size of Oval Maidan
Taking a step closer to unlocking the port land on the city’s eastern waterfront, the Mumbai Port Trust (MbPT) received the first draft of the design, which would transform the area into a Marine Drive-like promenade with swanky marinas, residential and commercial units.
5. Denotifying highways looks like bid to encourage sale of liquor, Shiv Sena tells Maha CM
While the Maharashtra government’s move of denotifying two highways starting in Mumbai may have benefitted 500 establishments, including restaurants, bars, pubs and liquor shops, it has miffed its ally Shiv Sena.