From foam on Mithi river to man killed in Eway accident: Top 5 stories from Mumbai
Mumbai city news: Here are the top 5 stories you shouldn’t missmumbai Updated: Jun 01, 2017 17:55 IST
Experts identified two dangerous spots in the city — the Mithi river, on which a thick layer of disease-causing foam has surfaced, and the Mumbai-Pune expressway, on which a man was killed and two were injured in an accident on Thursday.
While milk overflowed from two tankers damaged by protesting farmers in Maharashtra, water is likely to overflow and flood 66 spots in Mumbai this monsoon.
1. Mumbai river foams like Bengaluru lake
Mumbaiites, if you’ve spotted thick white foam bubbling to the surface of the Mithi river, beware. Experts say it is dangerous.
2. One dead, two injured in accident on Mumbai-Pune Expressway
A 41-year-old man died while two others were injured after the car they were travelling in hit another vehicle on the Mumbai-Pune expressway on Thursday morning.
3. WATCH I Maharashtra farmers spill milk on highway, protest may hit supplies to Mumbai
Two tankers of milk heading towards Mumbai were damaged as farmers from several districts in Maharashtra started their strike on Thursday.
4. These 66 spots in Mumbai will flood this monsoon too, is the BMC ready to tackle it?
Ahead of monsoon, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has identified 66 chronic flooding spots in Mumbai, most of which are in the island city.
5. Fourth-time lucky: After failing thrice, policeman’s son tops UPSC exams from Mumbai
With an all India rank of 55, a 26-year-old son of a policeman is the Mumbai topper in the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) examination, results for which were declared on Wednesday.