Gas leak causes minor fire in Mumbai; van charred | mumbai news | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Aug 18, 2017-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Gas leak causes minor fire in Mumbai; van charred

A leakage in a pipe line of Mahanagar Gas led to a minor fire at Prateksha Nagar, Sion, on Wednesday morning. Although a van which was parked near the line was damaged, no casulaties were reported

mumbai Updated: Apr 12, 2017 15:48 IST
HT Correspondent
Although a van which was parked near the line was damaged, no casulaties were reported.
Although a van which was parked near the line was damaged, no casulaties were reported.(Vijayanand Gupta)

A leakage in a pipe line of Mahanagar Gas led to a minor fire at Prateksha Nagar, Sion, on Wednesday morning. Although a van which was parked near the line was damaged, no casulaties were reported. The fire was brought under control within a few minutes.

Officials said the gas and electricity supply to the area was stopped as a precautionary measure. The repair work is currently underway.