Friday, October 7
1) Music:Contemporary Bands: City-based punk bands — Euphony and The Yellow Diary — who recently won the annual Band Baja Contest (by NCPA) will perform their signature compositions.
Where: Experimental Theatre, NCPA, Nariman Point; Call:6622 3737; Entry: Free; When: 7pm
2) Food:Handcrafted Tea Festival: Savour aromatic varieties of English breakfast tea, tropical passion, African sunrise, Swedish berries and Moroccan mint, among others.
Where:Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, Linking Road, Bandra (W); Call: 6742 4248; Price: Rs 50 onward; When: 8am onward
3) Workshop: Let’s Sing Jazz: Professional jazz vocalist Samantha Edwards will shed light on the nuances of the genre. Participants can perform with her during a live gig after the workshop.
Where:Little Theatre, NCPA, Nariman Point; Call: 6622 3737; Price: Rs 300; When: 7pm
4) Workshop:Splash Art: Know more about the colour wheel, and get easy hacks to canvas painting with artist Trishna Patnaik.
Where: Doolally Taproom, near Fun Republic Mall, Andheri (W); Call: 99671 02143; Price: Rs 1,100; When: 11am
5) Walk:The Midnight Trail: Experience the city’s calm at night. Pedal under street lights along the coastal route of Mumbai — from Colaba to Worli.
Where: Chetana Veg Restaurant, Kala Ghoda (assembly point); Call: 98331 63486; Price: Rs 550 onwards; When: 11.30pm (assembly time)
6) Food and drinks: Navratri Thali: This festive season, dig into traditional dishes such as Rajasthani kathol mirchiwada, pyaaz ki kachori, and dal bati churma, among others.
Where: Maharaja Bhog, Inorbit Mall, Malad (W); Call: 2878 0022; Price: Rs 510; When: 12pm onward
Sunday, October 9
7) Theatre:Broken Images: Shabana Azmi stars in a psychological thriller about a Hindi short story writer who accidently acquires fame by writing a novel in English.
Where:St Andrew’s Auditorium, St Dominic Road, Bandra (W); Call: 2641 0926; Price: Rs 100 onwards; When: 7.30pm
8) Food: Oriental Fare: Choose from stir-fried lotus root with szechuan chilli oil, celery and Chinese broccoli, among others.
Where: Bastian, New Kamal Building, Linking Road, Bandra (W); Call: 2642 0145; Price: Rs 150 onward; When: 12pm onward
9) Art:Cerafest: Potters from across India will showcase their clay and ceramic sculptures. Their works will include artisan jewellery, wall ornaments, and cutlery, among others.
Where: Coomaraswamy Hall, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalay, Kala Ghoda; Call: 97730 95005; Entry: Free; When: 11am onward
10) Travel:The Kaas Escapade: This is the best time to visit Maharashtra’s Valley of Flowers and experience the Western Ghats like never before.
Where: Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali (E) (assembly point); Call: 98331 63486; Price: Rs 2,350; When: 10pm (assembly time)