Actor Salman Khan on Thursday skipped personally appearing before the Maharashtra State Commission for Women (MSCW) in response to the summons issued to him over his ‘rape’ remarks. Instead, he sent a letter reiterating the state commission has no right to hear the case because the National Commission for Women (NCW) was already hearing it.
This was the third time the actor was summoned. He was first summoned by the MSCW on June 29 to clarify his stand and even then Khan had sent a letter repeating his most-recent argument.
Salman had, in an interview, said he “felt like a raped woman” after a gruelling shoot of his movie ‘Sultan’.
Vijaya Rahatkar, chairperson of MSCW, confirmed Khan had filed his response. “We have received his letter. We have sent it to our legal department and will decide on the future course of action soon,” Rahatkar said.
Rahatkar had previously said the MSCW has every right to hear this case in concurrence with the NCW because Khan resides in Mumbai. But the MSCW seems to be in no hurry and its decision is still awaited.