Selfie gone wrong: Mumbai teen gets the shock of his life | mumbai news | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Feb 27, 2017-Monday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Selfie gone wrong: Mumbai teen gets the shock of his life

mumbai Updated: Nov 12, 2016 00:25 IST
Padmja Sinha
Padmja Sinha
Hindustan Times

A 15-year-old boy is facing the fatal consequences of a selfie gone wrong at the train parking yard in Thakurli on Thursday evening. According to the government railway police (GRP), Aryan Mahesh Patel, a resident of Dombivli, got an electric shock when trying to take a selfie on the coupling between two coaches of a parked train.

Taking selfies has become a rage among teens. Recently, 14-year-old Mohammed Shabbir Ahmed Khan was killed while posing for a selfie with a passing train at Mira Road station.

Read: Teen hit by train while taking selfie on platform in Mumbai

Ritesh Ahire, spokesperson, GRP, said, “The incident took place at the yard in Thakurli, which is 15 to 20 minutes away from Thakurli railway station. Officials got to know of the incident a few hours later as the area is not frequented by many.”

“The boy suffered burn injuries and was rushed to Shastri Nagar Hospital in Dombivli. He has been shifted to the National Burns Centre in Airoli, where he is undergoing treatment,” said Ahire, adding, “Aryan is the only son of his parents.”

While the boy’s father Mahesh refused to comment, Ahire said, “Preliminary investigation into the incident revealed that the boy hadn’t informed his parents about his whereabouts. He wanted to take a unique selfie at the yard.”