1. 43-year-old businessman Tilakraj Rajput was murdered by his alleged lover Purity Coutinho alias Ronita (26) in his Mahindra XUV on Sunday night at SV Road near LIC office in Santacruz (West). She has told the police that she strangled Rajput with her dupatta.
2. Police are skeptical about whether she could have killed him on her own and are looking into the possibility that might have had accomplices. They are checking her call records for clues.
3. The police have also found that Rajput and Coutinho were seated in the second-row seat of his SUV when she allegedly strangled him with her dupatta. However his body was found on the front seat
4. The forensic team, which visited the Santacruz police station on Tuesday to collect evidence from Rajput’s car, collected fingerprint samples from the vehicle and traces of DNA samples. The cops also found a red-coloured diary in the passenger seat along with a few currency notes. The diary with a name ‘Malvika’ written on it has been collected as part of evidence.
5. Ronita’s phone has also been handed over to the Kalina FSL for examination and the dupatta she used to strangle Rajput to the FSL for DNA samples.
6. The accused has confessed to throwing away the businessman’s phone after murdering him. Police sources said she threw the phone fearing that some material in it could go against her. The phone is currently switched off and the police fear it has either been stolen or damaged.