FRIDAY, November 4
1) Theatre: Hotel Paradiso: Familie Floz, a Germany-based theatre company, uses masks, improvisation, mime and physical comedy to create family-friendly shows. On their premiere tour in India, it will stage a story about the strange things that happen in Hotel Paradiso, an old mountain resort kept alive by an old lady.
Where: St Andrews Auditorium, St Dominic Road, Bandra (W); Call: 2641 0926; Price: Rs 500 onward; When: 4.30pm
2) Dance: Swaraah: Rachana Yadav — a disciple of kathak exponent Aditi Mangaldas — and her troupe will enact the history of kathak and its evolution through time with a semi-contemporary production
Where: Experimental Theatre, NCPA, Nariman Point; Call: 6622 3737; Price: Rs 300 onward; When: 7pm
3) Food and drink: Special Kebab And Rolls : Choose from galouti kabab, mutton shami kabab, murg banjara kaba, butter chicken roll and mix veg vegan roll, among others.
Where: Koyla outlets (Colaba and Versova); Call: 6636 9999 (for Colaba); Entry: Free; When: 7pm to 10am
4) Screening: Mulholland Drive: Catch director David Lynch’s dramatic thriller, starring Laura Harring and Naomi Watts. The story traces the actions of a woman who is rendered amnesiac after a car wreck. She struggles to search for clues and answers across Los Angeles.
Where: Matterden CFC, The Deepak, Delisle Road, Lower Parel; Call: 2492 3396; Price: Rs 250 onward; When: 7pm
SATURDAY, November 5
5) Talk: Mumbai Local: Poet Arundhathi Subramaniam will take the audience though the process of putting one’s travel experience into the verses of a poem. Subramaniam will also talk about When God is a Traveler, her award-winning compilation of travel poetry.
Where: MCubed Library, DMonte Park Road, Bandra (W); Call: 2641 1497; Entry: Free; When: 5pm
6) Comedy: Dame Funny : Enjoy a women-only night as comedians Pavitra Shetty, Sonali Thakker, Kaneez Surka take the stage and engage the audience in dark humour about all things feminism.
Where: The Barking Deer, Mathuradas Mill Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel; Call: 6141 7400; Price: Rs 350 onward; When: 6.30pm
7) Theatre: Reth: An Indian rendition of the Bard’s acclaimed play, Merchant of Venice. The production will include traditional performances from India, such as Rajasthani folk music, and chhau dance.
Where: Tata Theatre, NCPA, Nariman Point; Call: 6622 3737; Price: Rs 500 onward; When: 7.30pm
SUNDAY, November 6
8) Travel: Rann Utsav: Attend the opening night of the three-month festival that celebrates the life, festivities and culture of Kutch and Gujarat. Visit the White Desert of India, and spend the night in a camp built on the solid expanse of salt.
Where: Rann of Kutch, Gujarat; Call: 79400 51456; Price: Rs 16,200 for two ; When: All day long
9) Food and drinks: Cartoon Network Brunch: Spend your Sunday with your favourite cartoon charachters such as Scooby Doo and gang, Dexter and friends, and the Flintstones. Try Scooby Doo’s XXXL sandwiches and the famous Turkey roast by the Flintstones.
Where: Courtyard by Marriott, opposite Sangam BIG Cinemas, JB Nagar, Andheri (E); Call: 86899 20808; Price: Rs 1,500 for two; When: 4pm
10) Performance: Jashn-E-Qalam: Explore the theories of religion, love, patriotism through dramatic readings of the works of some of India’s prolific Hindi authors and poets, such as Saadat Hasan Manto, Rajinder Singh Bedi, and Kamleshwar.
Where: Doolally Taproom, Near Fun Republic Mall, Andheri (W); Call: 99671 02143; Price: Rs 500 onward; When: 10am