Theatre, workshops, food: 10 things to do in Mumbai this weekend
Confused about what to do this weekend? Here’s our guideHT48HRS_Special Updated: Dec 16, 2016 14:12 IST
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 16
1) Theatre: Stand Up: This play looks into the lives of stand-up comedians and sheds light on the serious business of comedy.
Where: The Cuckoo Club, Pali Hill, next to Learners Academy, Bandra (W)
Call: 96199 62969; Tickets: Rs 250; When: 7.30pm
2) Music: Electronica Night: Catch Japanese electronic musician Daisuke Tanabe, known for his signature sound which fuses hip-hop, electronica, folk, and jazz.
Where: Bonobo, Kenilworth Mall, off Linking Road, Bandra (W)
Call: 2605 5050; Entry: Free; When: 9pm
3) Film: Bachelor Girls: Catch a documentary that sheds light on the bias towards unmarried women in housing societies in metro cities.
Where: Little Theatre, NCPA, Nariman Point; Call: 6622 3823
Entry: Free; When: 6.30pm
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 17
4) Food and drinks: Gelato Special: Grab a scoop of hazelnut gelato and raspberry sorbet, among other flavours.
Where: 1Tablespoon Pizza Kitchen outlets (Lower Parel and Matunga)
Price: Rs 90; When: 11am to 11pm
5) Dace: Kathak Masterclass: Watch dancer Aditi Mangaldas as she demonstrates the various forms of Kathak and elaborates on its history.
Where: West Room 1, NCPA, Nariman Poin; Call: 6622 3823
Tickets: Rs 1,000; When: 2pm to 6pm
6) Workshop: Drone Making: Make a drone from scratch and get useful hacks to flying it in Mumbai. Learn the basic concepts of aviation, the working of a drone, and its potential purposes in today’s day and age.
Where: 8th Wonder, Siddharth Nagar 2, Goregaon (W); Call: 98339 31850
Tickets: Rs 2,500; When: 1pm onward
7) Theatre: A Wicked Wazoo Steals Christmas: : A wicked creature called Wazoo, who can’t stand children, decides to steal Christmas. A man in a red suit decides to save the day and confronts Wazoo. The play is based on the origin story of Santa Claus.
Where: Experimental Theatre, NCPA, Nariman Point
Call: 6622 3823; Tickets: Rs 500; When: 7pm
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 18
8) Photography: New Homelands: Three Indian photographers — Kounteya Sinha, Paroma Mukherjee and Shome Basu — travelled through 21 European countries to chronicle the lives of the Indian diaspora.
Where: Piramal Art Gallery, NCPA, Nariman Point; Call: 2202 9483
Entry: Free; When: 12pm to 8pm
9) Food and drinks: Christmas Special Menu: Dig into a festive menu that features mushroom miso broth with brown rice and chicken, zaatar chicken and hummus bowl, and Sri Lankan tea curry with winter veggies, among other preparations.
Where: Little Food Daily, Aram Nagar, Versova, Andheri (W)
Call: 6559 6559; Price: Rs 600; When: 10am to 10pm
10) Art: ARTAngle: Artists Payal Shah and Bindal Shah have curated a show that highlights the importance of geometry in art. The exhibition will feature over 100 abstract compositions.
Where: Cymroza Art Gallery, Bhulabhai Desai Road, Breach Candy
Call: 98201 48450; Entry: Free; When: 11am to 6pm