10 hospitalised after inhaling toxic gas | mumbai | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 04, 2016-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

10 hospitalised after inhaling toxic gas

mumbai Updated: Nov 23, 2010 12:25 IST

PTI
Highlight Story

At least 10 persons were on Tuesday hospitalised after inhaling poisonous Ammonia gas which leaked from a tanker in a cold storage room of a company in neighbouring Navi Mumbai, police said.

The gas appeared to have leaked from a tanker and the workers inside the R Naik Company that deals in sea products in Taloja and the villagers living adjacent to it suffered breathing problems, Deputy Commissioner of Police A Shinde said.

Ten persons, including the workers and the villagers, have been rushed to nearby hospitals, he said, adding fire brigade and chemical analyst experts are trying to ascertain the source of leakage.

Preliminary investigation is underway and, if required, a case of negligence will be registered against the persons concerned, he said.

The entire factory and the nearby premises have been evacuated.