11-yr-old dies after being electrocuted | mumbai | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Mar 02, 2017-Thursday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

11-yr-old dies after being electrocuted

mumbai Updated: Sep 11, 2012 01:09 IST
Kiran Sonawane
Surabh Shukla

An 11-year-old, class 6 student, Surabh Shukla, died after he was electrocuted at Mohane village in Kalyan on Monday. Officials of the Mahavitaran Company have admitted it was the fault of their staff who had left a live wire exposed.

Shukla was on his way to his tuition class when he decided to take a leak at the side of the road. There he accidentally touched an exposed wire and died soon after.

Srikant Jaltare, executive engineer, Mahavitaran, Kalyan, said the staff had been conducting cable repair work at the spot and had not covered the wires as they were supposed to. Mahavitaran immediately suspended the executive engineer Aditya Joshi and also declared Rs2lakh compensation to the boy’s family. Mahavitaran officials have also ordered an inquiry into the matter and will take further action accordingly.