13/7 blasts: Two IM operatives get ATS custody | mumbai | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Mar 29, 2017-Wednesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

13/7 blasts: Two IM operatives get ATS custody

mumbai Updated: Mar 09, 2012 21:48 IST

Two alleged operatives of Indian Mujahideen, who were behind bars in Opera House blast case that took place on July 13 last year in Mumbai, were on Friday remanded in ATS custody by a local court in connection with the Dadar explosion that took place on the same day.


As the custody of prime accused Haroon Naik and hawala operator Kanwar Nain Wazeer Chand Patrija (42) ended today in the Opera House blast case, the ATS sought their custody in Dadar blast case for further investigation, said defence lawyer Khalid Azmi.

The court subsequently remanded them in ATS custody till March 13.

Near-simultaneous bomb blasts at Zaveri Bazaar, Opera House and Dadar had killed 27 persons.

Naik is suspected to have used hawala channels to fund the blasts with the help of another arrested accused and Patrija, who had handed over Rs 10 lakh to fugitive IM's top operative Yasin Bhatkal to execute the terror attack, police had said.