17-yr-old youth electrocuted in restaurant | mumbai | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
May 26, 2017-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

17-yr-old youth electrocuted in restaurant

A 17-year-old youth was electrocuted to death while working in the kitchen of a hotel on Friday.

mumbai Updated: Oct 14, 2012 01:00 IST
HT Correspondent

A 17-year-old youth was electrocuted to death while working in the kitchen of a hotel on Friday.

Shankar Ratansingh, came in contact with the deep fridge at around 3:30 pm and received a severe electric shock.

A Padhir, assistant inspector of Mulund police station said, “Shankar went there and came in contact with the deep fridge and he was electrocuted. He was rushed to Mulund General Hospital where he was declared dead.”

The police have registered a case of culpable homicide not amounting to murder against hotel owner Laxmi Shetty, managers Babu Haralkar and Manoj Haralkar and electrician Chandrakant Amrute of Café Krishna and are investigating the case.

No arrests have been made yet.