25-year-old dies as TV set explodes

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Mumbai
  • |
  • Updated: Apr 27, 2013 01:22 IST

A 25-year-old Vasai resident died as his television set exploded leading to a fire at his 1-BHK residence at Kashimira in Thane district.

According to the police, the television suddenly caught fire, which spread through Bunty Wagh’s third floor flat at Diamond Tower along the Mira-Bhayander road. 

“We were informed about the smoke coming from the flat by the residents. It may have been because of a technical problem in the television set,” said a police officer from the Kashimira police station.

The television has been found in a molten condition. Wagh lived in Vasai with his family and used to visit his Diamond tower residence once in a while.

Police investigations are on to examine the exact reason behind the fire and the death.

 

also read

Unseasonal rain leads to Rs 1,000 crore crop loss in Maharashtra

blog comments powered by Disqus