The directorate of higher education on Tuesday declared the results of 270 students, who had not got their MH-CET 2010 entrance scores along with other aspirants last week.
These students had given the exam last year as well, but did not take admission in any college. According to the directorate’s records they had already enrolled in colleges, making their results null and void.
When the students realised this last week, they gathered at the directorate’s office with members of the Maharashtra Navnirman Vidyarthi Sena.
Director S.K. Mahajan assured the students he would look at every case. “We have declared the results today and after certain clarifications are made, students can go ahead for group discussions and personal interviews in colleges,” said Mahajan.
Personal interviews have already begun in some colleges. More than 1.4 lakh students compete for about 21,000 seats across 294 management institutes in the state.
Students are relieved. “We thought we would lose another year, but thankfully we have got our results now,” said Dinesh Jagwani, a 21-year-old student.