About 270 students, who took the MBA-CET in February, have not yet got their results.
These students had given the exam last year too and gained admission to business schools, but did not take it up for various reasons. The results of the 2010 MBA-CET were declared on Monday evening.
The Directorate of Technical Education has not declared their results because in their records these students have already gained admission last year.
But students claim that they had cancelled their admissions last year.
“When we registered for the exam no one told us that we were not eligible. We took provisional admission last year, which we cancelled,” said Dinesh Jagwani, a 21-year-old student.
The directorate has assured students that it will look into every case on an individual basis and will accommodate students with genuine issues.
“There are two categories of cases among students. Some gained admission in colleges but failed in the final year and even in the revaluation, so their admissions are null and void. The second type are students who gained admission last
year but did not report to their colleges,” said head of the directorate, S.K Mahajan.
“But we will look into every individual case.”
Members of the Maharashtra Navnirman Vidyarthi Sena met Mahajan on Tuesday with students’ grievances.
More than 1.05 lakh students compete for over 21,000 seats across 294 institutes in the
“The group discussion will start next week, but we still don’t have our results. Looks like another year will be wasted. Many did not take admission last year because we were allotted seats in colleges we did not want,” said Swati Ranshinde, another student.
“We should have the right to attempt an exam again so that we get a chance to get into a college of our preference,” she added.