The 28,000-odd students who have still not made it to the merit list of any junior college so far need not worry, the education department has said.
Four rounds of admission (two general and two bifocal) have already taken place but of the 1.98-lakh odd students who applied online, 14% have not been allotted any seat through the online process.
"How will these students not get admission?" said an education department official. "Of course they will. Everyone will get admission."
However these students, if they make it to the third list, will not be able to avail the betterment option as there will be no further lists. The betterment option allows students to secure provisional admission and then switch colleges if they get into a more preferred college in a subsequent list.
The third general list will be declared on August 8. "At the moment we are not thinking about any further online lists after the third list," said the official.
Last year, 4,500-odd students were left stranded after they were not allotted any seat through the online admission system.
The department, at the last-minute, then announced one final online admission list before cancelling it and moving the process offline.
To make sure that this is not repeated this year, the department redesigned the form, making students list 35 options instead of a minimum of five options, as they had last year.
In the mean time, 25,804 students have so far secured provisional admission to junior colleges after the second list was
Students have time until Friday to pay their fees.