35-year-old electrocuted on train top | mumbai | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 06, 2016-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

35-year-old electrocuted on train top

mumbai Updated: Jan 06, 2011 02:25 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

A 35-year-old commuter travelling on the roof of the Mumbai-Goa Konkan Kanya Express got electrocuted at Panvel at 1.45am on Tuesday.

Railway sources said he must have been trying to get down when he got electrocuted and got stuck to the overhead cable. “The train was at the station for nearly two hours after the incident,” said a CR official.

Officials removed the charred body before the train proceeded towards Goa.

The railways have been carrying out regular campaigns against rooftop travel.