'Allotment order was not referred to Shinde' | mumbai | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Aug 19, 2017-Saturday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

'Allotment order was not referred to Shinde'

In a complete U-turn, city collector Chandrashekhar Oak on Wednesday said that the government resolution (GR) dated July 9, 2004, which was the allotment order for the Adarsh plot was not referred to the then chief minster Sushilkumar Shinde by the revenue department.

mumbai Updated: Jul 07, 2011 01:04 IST
Zeeshan Shaikh

In a complete U-turn, city collector Chandrashekhar Oak on Wednesday said that the government resolution (GR) dated July 9, 2004, which was the allotment order for the Adarsh plot was not referred to the then chief minster Sushilkumar Shinde by the revenue department.

“As per my information, the government resolution was not referred to the chief minister,” Oak said before the two-member Adarsh inquiry commission.

Oak had on Tuesday said that the state had allotted the plot to the Adarsh housing society through its order dated July 9, 2004, during Shinde’s tenure as the chief minister.

He had also admitted that the state government had on August 16, 2004, issued a corrigendum to its earlier allotment order of the Adarsh plot dated July 9, 2004, deleting the words ‘possession is with the defence department’ after the society requested it.

On Wednesday, however, Oak tried to defend both the then chief minister and the then revenue minister Shivajirao Nilengekar. Oak said Nilengekar was not consulted in connection with the GR, which was issued on July 9 in which the Adarsh land was allotted to the society.

Oak also claimed that the corrigendum, which was issued at the society’s behest was not approved by then revenue minister or the chief minister.

“As per my information, the corrigendum dated August 16, 2004, was neither approved by the concerned minister nor the chief minister,” Oak said. Oak was also shown a letter written by the Defence Estate Officer (DEO) to the then collector Pradeep Vyas in which the DEO claimed that if the said plot was allotted to the society, it would help only a few big individuals financially but not the state.

Oak said he would have to check if any action was taken after receiving the letter.

Oak in his deposition also said that the state government had never made any claims over the land in question after the inauguration of a park there by the Army in 1996. The said park was inaugurated by Major General (Retd) BA Cariappa in 1996.

Oak said that his office was aware that people had been claiming that there was Khukri Park upon the land, which was offered to Adarsh society. “But I cannot say unless I see the record as to whether anybody from our office had checked whether Khukri Park existed on the land, which was offered to Adarsh,” he said.