Another boy kidnapped, sent home after 6 hours | mumbai | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 11, 2016-Sunday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Another boy kidnapped, sent home after 6 hours

mumbai Updated: Jul 09, 2010 01:29 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

A day after a nine-year-old boy was kidnapped from outside his Goregaon school and released three hours later, a similar incident took place at Samta Nagar.

On Wednesday, at 4 pm, four unidentified men allegedly abducted a 10-year-old boy from outside his Kandivli school.

The boy, a Class five student, told the police that the men drove along the Western Express Highway beyond Mira Road. But after six hours, they released him.

The only difference in this case was that the family did not get any ransom call.

Police believe the kidnappers might have panicked after learning that they were investigating the case and decided to release the boy.

“The boy is scared and has not revealed much about his abduction. He just told us that he did not know any of his kidnappers and was not harmed,” said Inspector S. Mule of the Samta Nagar police station.

The boy’s father is a fish dealer. The boy reportedly told the police that when the car went beyond Mira Road, one of the kidnappers received a phone call and suddenly they took a U-turn and drove to Mira Road railway station.

The kidnappers then asked him to get off the car and made him board a BEST bus.

“At 10 pm, the boy got off the bus at the last stop at Kasturbha Marg police station near

Borivli east railway station,” said Mule.

When the conductor noticed that the boy was alone, he took him to the police station.

“We received a call from the Kasturba Marg police and he was reunited with his parents, who had already lodged a complaint with us,” said Mule.

“We believe that the kidnapping could have been carried out by his father’s business rivals as there was no ransom call,” he added.

Police are recording the statements of the boy’s neighbours and his father’s business partners and associates.

The boy’s family could not be contacted for comments.