Seven months after Mumbra resident Abdul Sattar (49) died of “cardiac arrest”, his body was exhumed from a Mumbai graveyard on Saturday for a post-mortem to probe his suspected murder.
This happened after the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) intervened, following a plea by the family.
Sattar’s wife, Salma, had told his family that her husband died of a cardiac arrest on June 22, 2009.
However, their daughter, Qayenat (11), alleged that her mother and her paramour had killed him. “In September, the PMO directed the state chief secretary to have the matter probed,” Sattar’s brother, Abdul Qadir, said.
Last week, a Thane court ordered the exhumation of Sattar’s body, Qadir said.