Bombay House fire not a case of negligence: Report
A short circuit in the air conditioning unit is the cause of the fire that broke out at Bombay House on February 9, states the report submitted by the fire brigade.mumbai Updated: Apr 06, 2011 01:37 IST
A short circuit in the air conditioning unit is the cause of the fire that broke out at Bombay House on February 9, states the report submitted by the fire brigade.
Cherring Dorje, deputy commissioner of police (zone I), said, “The report does not state negligence as the cause of the fire. We are awaiting the civic report on the matter.”
According to the chief fire officer, Uday Tatkare, along with the report, they have issued a notice pointing out the structural irregularities in the building, that houses offices of Tata Group, to the persons concerned whose names he did not divulge.
“We found that the basement was being misused and there was lack of proper ventilation. They will have to file a reply to the notice in 60 days,” said Tatkare.
The police are yet to file a first information report in the
matter. “The municipal corporation is investigating if there were any structural aberrations that might have played a role in the death of the victims who couldn’t escape. We cannot assume anything until we receive the report from the civic body,” said Dorje.