Brief recovery was a false alarm | mumbai | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 16, 2017-Monday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Brief recovery was a false alarm

mumbai Updated: Jul 24, 2011 01:51 IST
Priya Prabhakaran
Priya Prabhakaran
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

Ramesh Khedekar, 27, who is recuperating in JJ Hospital’s burns unit, has not been informed that his friend Sunder Singh Bisht, 30, succumbed with 50% burn injuries on Saturday morning. Neither does he know that two other friends, who were with him on the evening of the blast at Zaveri Bazar on July 13, have also died.

After Bisht was shifted from the burns unit to the critical care unit last week, all his six brothers had come to the city to see him. “We were worried when his condition started worsening. Bisht was happy to see us and was hopeful about his health. In fact, he spoke to his wife a couple of days ago on planning his life further," said Kedar, one of Bisht’s brothers. "But in the last two days he had given up hope."

Hailing from Uttarakhand, Bisht is survived by his wife and two-year-old son who couldn't come to the city to see him.
With Bisht’s death, Khedekar is the only survivor among the four office boys who had gathered at Khau Galli for evening snacks. While one of Khedekar’s cousins, Rajesh, died on the spot, another cousin, Ashok Bate, died on July 19. “He keeps asking us about Sunder and his cousins. Though we tell him they are fine, he does not believe us,” said Khedekar’s brother-in-law, Yogesh Ghatawadi, 21. He added that seeing Rajesh in an extremely critical condition, he knew there was hardly any chance for him to survive.

<