'Cops turned us away every time we approached them'
The family of Sanjesh Borle, the 19-year-old youth who was allegedly killed by his classmates eight months ago, said that the police had kept them in the dark throughout about the investigation.mumbai Updated: May 28, 2012 01:44 IST
The family of Sanjesh Borle, the 19-year-old youth who was allegedly killed by his classmates eight months ago, said that the police had kept them in the dark throughout about the investigation. The family claimed that they were unaware of the arrest of the accused on Saturday until this reporter told them about it.
“The police did not even let us have a look at the body. We have not seen Sanjesh’s bag, which was recovered by them. And suddenly, they say that they have arrested the accused,” questioned Priti Borle, 22, Sanjesh’s sister.
Priti added that each time a member of the family visited the visited the Kasturba Marg police station, the policemen would turn them away.
“My father would visit the police station each day after Sanjesh went missing. He only wanted to know about his missing son,” she said.
Besides, said Priti, even eight months after Sanjesh went missing, his post mortem report was not given to the family.
“We do not know what happened to my brother. We just know he went missing on September 20 and ten days later, the police claimed his body was found. Even when his remains were given to us, they were wrapped in a white sheet which they did not allow us to open,” she said.
Priti added that the family refuses to believe that her brother was murdered and the body found in the park on October 1 last year was his.
“The clothes the police said the deceased was wearing was not my brother’s. I do not believe that the body was his.”