Many degree colleges did not put up a third admission list for professional courses on Tuesday because their seats were already full.
“We didn’t put up a third list as all our seats are full. We are starting our first year classes from Thursday,” said St Xaviers’ College Principal, Father Frazer Mascarenhas.
For the few seats that were left in colleges, cut-offs in the third list had marginally come down. At DG Ruparel College, students are competing for barely 12 seats now. “This is the last list. Our final cut-offs this year are slightly higher than last year,” said Vice Principal Tushar Desai.
“We didn’t have a third list for professional courses. For BA and BCom, cut-offs are down by three per cent and one per cent respectively. For these two courses, we're taking in a few extra, as there are withdrawals later. There won’t be a fourth list,” said Jai Hind College Principal Kirti Narain.
Some of the top colleges such as HR College and NM College are expecting a fourth list for a few courses. “We hardly have 22 seats left for the Bachelor of Management Studies course. We are hoping to start college by July 1,” said NM College Vice Principal, Sangita Kher. The BMS cut-offs for commerce students was 88.20 and science cut-off was 81.67.
At HR College, the cut-offs for self-financed courses were merely 0.5 percentage points lower than the second list.
Despite the strike, students reached colleges to check their names. “It is a question of our careers. Already two lists are out, this is the only chance to get into preferred colleges,” said Reena Thakkar, who has scored 87 per cent.