A fire broke out in the topmost floor and the food court of Oberoi Mall in northwest Mumbai on Wednesday, officials said. No casualties have been reported.
Preliminary reports indicated an electrical short circuiting as the cause for the fire.
"Six water tankers and five fire engines have been rushed to the spot," an official from disaster control told IANS.
Oberoi Mall is one of the biggest malls in the western suburbs of Mumbai.
The fire caused panic among the shop owners and mall authorities, who immediately evacuated the mall.