Mumbai: Coming to the rescue of students who missed out on completing their online admission forms before Friday’s deadline, education officials on Saturday said they would get a chance to finish their applications on July 21 and 22.
Among the 2.24 lakh students applying for admission online, 2.17 lakh completed the application process by filling in the registration and option forms by midnight on Friday, the last day to apply.
However, the forms of nearly 6,600 students remained incomplete, as they were either ineligible or did not get approved on time.
These students will be allowed to complete the applications on Tuesday and Wednesday after the general merit list is announced on Monday.
“We usually open the website for two days to allow students to make corrections, but this time, students will be able to complete the forms too,” said a senior official from the deputy directorate of education, Mumbai region, which regulates the admissions.
This is being done to help students, as this year, admissions for the open category will only be done online.
“Till last year, students would also seek admissions offline, after the online process ended. This time we will not give them that option as per the High Court orders,” said the official
Students can make the corrections from their school too, officials added. “If someone wants to change the quota from which they want to apply, they can do that on the two allotted days,” said the official.
Although girls in the city registered a higher success rate in the Class 10 exams, boys outnumbered girls in online admissions. 1,14,395, boys applied compared to 1,03,437 girls.