Panic spread in the MIDC region of Navi Mumbai on Friday evening, following a gas leakage in an RPG company situated in the industrial area at Pawane.
While the fire personnel brought the situation under control in some time, some locals had to be rushed to the hospital after they complained of nausea.
Anand Parab, fire officer of the Fire and Emergency Response centre of MIDC said, “There was a leakage in the scrubber in the company. When the gas came in contact with water, there were fumes which spread in the area.”
“We brought the situation under control in some time. It is not a major incident,” he said.