Admissions to junior colleges will continue to be online this academic year.
On Tuesday, the school education minister, Rajendra Darda, told the state assembly that despite having teething problems in the past two years, the government would continue with online admissions.
“Last year there were some errors, following which a committee was set up to look into the issue. After some consideration, the committee has submitted a report that is in favour of continuing the system,” he said. The issues that arose from the system included a strain on the website and confusion over the allocation of colleges.
Darda also addressed several complaints over the mid-day meal scheme, through which municipal school students are provided free lunch, stating that there would be a mechanised system of providing hygienic meals to the students.
“Central kitchens will be set up in urban areas in the state. There have been cases where these meals have been cooked in garages, which is not acceptable,” he added.