Only those students who did not take part in the online admission process or did not get a seat in the online process for junior college admissions will be eligible for offline admissions, said a new circular issued by the education department on Thursday.
Students, who appeared for the Central Board of Secondary Education school exams, those Allowed To Keep Term and international board students were not allowed to apply online. Apart from that, 1,996 students were not allotted seats through the online process. While the offline admissions round, scheduled to start from July 13, is specifically meant for this category of students, many, unhappy with their online allotments are seeking to apply and get admitted to colleges offline.
Colleges have been directed to distribute admission forms only to those students who can show their original mark sheet and school-leaving certificate while asking for a form.
“We are not supposed to entertain students who already got online admission,” said Madhavi Pethe, principal of ML Dahanukar College in Vile Parle.
“If some of these students (who secured a seat online) want to take a risk by cancelling their online admission and withdrawing their original certificates, they could apply offline,” said a college official.
Colleges will have to make their stream-wise vacancies available on July 13 at 11am.
Colleges have been asked to admit students whose marks are above the third and final online cut off. However, the cut off may be relaxed by up to 5% points of the final online list.
Colleges have also started declaring their bifocal merit lists, admissions for which were conducted offline. Cut-offs were lower than those last year.