It was a routine day in prison for 26/11 convict Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab, who appeared unaware about the havoc created by him and nine other Pakistani terrorists in the city, three years ago.
The security personnel guarding the lone surviving Pakistani gunman at the high-security Arthur Road jail in Mumbai, had not informed him anything about the completion of three years of the Mumbai terror attacks, a senior jail official said on Saturday.
"His day began like any other day. He had breakfast with banana, milk and Poha (made of puffed rice flakes & potatoes) this morning and lunch in the afternoon. Going by his mental status, we do not think we should talk to him or inform him about the third anniversary of 26/11," the official said.
The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) men guarding the high-profile prisoner, who is confined in a bomb proof egg shaped cell, also kept mum about the anniversary, he said.
"Our priority is to protect Kasab in the jail. Going by the serious nature of their job, why any security man closely guarding him would strike a conversation with him on the attacks or anniversary?" the official asked.
Kasab, the sole terrorist caught alive during the terror attacks, and convicted for the three-day terror siege in November 2008, had on July 28 this year written a letter to the Supreme Court challenging his conviction and death sentence.
He was sentenced to death by a special anti-terror court on May 6 last year. His death penalty was later upheld by the Bombay high court.