Kite injury: boy’s condition still critical

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Mumbai
  • |
  • Updated: Jan 24, 2013 01:45 IST

Mukesh Patel, 13, who suffered a massive electric shock after the metal-coated string of the kite he was flying touched a high-voltage electricity line on on Tuesday, continues to fight for his life.

Doctors at the National Burns Centre in Airoli where Patel has been admitted said his condition is “stable but critical”. The accident took place at 8.43am at Adarsh sports club ground at Bhavani Nagar, Bhandup village, where Patel was flying a kite under Tata Power’s high-powered transmission lines. Patel suffered more than 90% burns on his body. “He is responding to resuscitation but his urine output is low. It is still a wait-and-watch situation,” said Dr S Keswani from the National Burns Centre.

Dr Keswani added that such burns are labelled as flash burns, which are usually seen in accidents occurring in huge industries. “We have diagnosed that Patel also has an inhalation injury, meaning that he inhaled heat that damaged his lungs,” he said.

 

also read

Have an empty house? You may have to pay double tax

blog comments powered by Disqus