Man robbed by cybercriminals plans to move consumer court | mumbai | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Aug 18, 2017-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Man robbed by cybercriminals plans to move consumer court

Chinmay Dash, 36, who was robbed of Rs1.75 lakh by bank account hackers who also deactivated his SIM card, plans to move the consumer court against the bank and the service provider.

mumbai Updated: Jan 15, 2013 01:06 IST
Mohamed Thaver

Chinmay Dash, 36, who was robbed of Rs1.75 lakh by bank account hackers who also deactivated his SIM card, plans to move the consumer court against the bank and the service provider.

On November 26, Dash learnt that acting on a request made the previous day, the service provider had deactivated his SIM card. While Dash had not made any such request, he was a regular user of mobile banking facility. On contacting the bank authorities, Dash realised that Rs1.75 lakh had been transferred from his account.

“Even a month after registering a complaint, nothing has been done. I will approach the consumer court against the bank and the service provider,” said Dash.

LG Shinde, inspector, Samta Nagar police station, said, “We have traced the four bank accounts to which the money was transferred. Two accounts belonged to women who worked as labourers. The bank account was created as part of a social scheme. We do not suspect their involvement in the crime.”

“The third account had a fake address while the fourth was of a person of Chinese origin who lived at a Delhi hotel. We are trying to trace the accused,” he said.