‘Many counters have finished 95 pc of their target’ | mumbai | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Aug 21, 2017-Monday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

‘Many counters have finished 95 pc of their target’

Interview with Manisha Mhaiskar, Additional principal census officer

mumbai Updated: May 24, 2010 01:19 IST
Sujit Mahamulkar

How much of the census is done?

About 30 per cent of the work has been completed. And I hope will complete it in schedule till June 15.

Enumeration work has not begun yet in about 100 blocks, meaning about 15,000 houses. That’s because about 10 per cent of enumerators have not reported to work yet. The remaining 80-90 per cent people are doing their job well, many have completed almost 95 per cent of their target.

What happens if a person is not covered in the census in the 45-day period (until June 15)?

It’s very difficult, but yes, we’re planning a 24-hour helpline, one in each administrative ward, to help those who are not covered in the census or no enumerator reaches their house.