The medical report of the minor girl who was kidnapped from a nightclub in Colaba on New Year’s Eve, has confirmed that she was not raped.
“Medical tests have confirmed the victim’s statement that she wasn’t raped,” said assistant police inspector, Deepak More.
However, the police are still investigating Mehfuz Ansari, a 23-year-old man who allegedly helped the prime suspect also a minor.
In their remand application, the police have alleged that Ansari has not been cooperative towards the investigation so far. “We believe he may have played a role in securing the drugs to sedate the girl,” said Iqbal Shaikh, ACP Zone I.
“We are yet to determine what drug was used to sedate the victim. Since a minor is involved, we want to make sure that there were no other accomplice’s involved,” said More. Ansari has been remanded in police custody until January 13.
Allegedly this is not the first time that the victim had filed a complaint against the minor boy, is the prime suspect.
The boy had kidnapped the victim on thrice earlier for which cases were registered against him at Gamdevi, Matunga and Malabar Hill police station. But due to his status as a minor, they were unable to retain him in custody.
The 17-year-old college student allegedly went missing from a Colaba nightclub on New Year’s eve. On January 3, she was found by the police on January 3 in a beauty parlour in Byculla. The victim was to attend a party on December 31, and when she did not return home till 2:30 am, her mother assumed that she would be returning with her friends.
On January 3, the police allegedly received a tip off from a person claiming to be the minor boy’s relative. He allegedly informed the police that the victim is at a beauty parlour on Claire Road in Byculla where the police eventually found the victim.