Missing medico’s father in city | mumbai | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Apr 25, 2017-Tuesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Missing medico’s father in city

mumbai Updated: Dec 14, 2010 02:05 IST
Sonal Shukla

The last time Dhiraj Singh visited Mumbai it was to get his son, Satyendra, admitted to the medical college attached to the BYL Nair Hospital.

Singh is now back in the city to look for Satyendra, 20, who went missing from his hostel last week. “I just want my son back. I cannot go back without finding him, what will I tell his mother? I want to tell him that I won’t ask him anything, just please come home,” said Singh, 45, who work as a primary school teacher in Agra.

Satyendra, a first-year MBBS student, was living in the hospital’s hostel. His classmates claim that the last time they saw him was on December 8 when he appeared for a practical examination on campus. The college dean has lodged a missing person's complaint in the Agripada police station. “When my son last spoke to me, he told me that he was going to study. His voice was sounding a little different. He was unwell for few days as he had a throat infection,” said Singh.

Satyendra, who has a younger sister, was keen on studying medicine, he added.

Singh said Satyendra’s classmates told him that his son was caught cheating in the examination, which he appeared for on the day he went missing. “I don’t know whether it is true, but I am not denying anything,” said Singh.

“The supervisor might have pulled up some students. No one was officially punished,” said Dr Ravi Rananavare, dean, Nair Hospital. “Singh is in touch with us continuously and the police are investigating the case.”

According to his classmates, Satyendra was sincere, punctual, strong willed and a studious guy. “Our group used to have dinner together. We last messaged him that day on his mobile asking him to join us for dinner but got no reply,” said one of his classmates.

“We have got clues that he has gone to his native place. We are trying to ascertain that,” said S Mohite, police inspector.