Mumbai

Mumbai blasts: Death toll rises to 26

  • PTI, Mumbai
  • |
  • Updated: Jul 30, 2011 01:39 IST

Another victim of the July 13 serial blasts in the city succumbed to injuries at a hospital in Mumbai on Saturday, taking the toll in the terror attacks to 26.

Chandrakant Wankar (42), who was undergoing treatment at the Harkisandas hospital here died at 6.20am, police said.

He had sustained severe burn injuries at the Opera House blasts. Earlier this week, 48-year-old Vallab Gadia, who was wounded at the same site had passed away at the Saifee Hospital after being in a critical condition for two days.

Last Monday, Mankeshwar Vishwakarma, a carpenter by profession, succumbed to severe head injuries he had sustained during the blast at Kabootar Khana in Dadar.

Twenty-two people are undergoing treatment in JJ Hospital, with six persons still in critical condition. Of the 12 injured admitted in the Harkisandas Hospital, some are still critical, sources said.

 

also read

City to celebrate with caution today

 
blog comments powered by Disqus