Mumbai: city boy suffers 90% burns as kite string gets stuck in wire

  • Nikhil M Ghanekar, Hindustan Times, Mumbai
  • |
  • Updated: Jan 23, 2013 01:04 IST

A 13-year old boy, Mukesh Patel, from Bhandup suffered a massive electric shock on Tuesday after the glass and metal coated string of the kite he was flying came in contact with a high-tension power transmission line.

The electric current that struck Patel was so strong that it formed a four feet-wide crater where he was standing.

Patel has suffered 90% burns and has been admitted to the ICU of National Burns Centre (NBC) in Airoli. He is in a critical condition.

Locals who heard the explosion initially thought that it was a bomb blast.


also read

You risk sedition charges for criticising politicians

blog comments powered by Disqus