A fire broke out at a film studio in suburban Powai on Saturday afternoon, but no casualties were reported in the incident, a civic official said.
According to the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) official, the fire broke out on the ground floor of Chitra Studios located at Hiranandani area in Powai.
"We got a call around 1.30pm about the fire which broke out in a film studio in Powai. It was a Grade 1 (low intensity) fire, for which four fire engines and as many number of water tankers were sent. The blaze was brought under control in a couple of hours," the official told PTI.
They suspect that the fire might have been triggered by a short circuit in a newly-built set for a television serial.
All the actors and technicians at the studio were rushed to safety and there are no reports of injuries or casualties in the incident.
"There was a lot of smoke emanating from the site where the fire took place. This caused panic among the people, which made the evacuation process a little difficult. But we managed to evacuate everyone," the official said.