A major fire erupted in a shop at Bandra west, Linking Road, on Tuesday morning. The blaze started after leather and plastic items caught fire and the flames spread quickly.
The blaze, which started when shops had yet to open for business, has been brought under control, fire officials have informed. No one is reported to be injured or trapped.
The fire erupted in a three-storey shopping centre that also houses a KFC outlet and the building was covered in smoke. Eight fire engines, four water tankers and one ambulance were rushed to the spot.
Fire breaks out at a restaurant in Bandra, Mumbai. Four fire tenders at the spot. pic.twitter.com/2pESJH0w9h— ANI (@ANI_news) July 21, 2015