Mumbai police commissioner Satyapal Singh Monday assured early justice for the young photojournalist who was gangraped by five men in Mumbai on August 22.
"Our priority is to collect the evidence and file the chargesheet as soon as possible," said Satyapal Singh while talking to reporters.
With the arrest of two accused Sunday, police have now taken into custody all the five suspects.
The police chief said every evidence had been collected and it will be handed over to forensic experts Tuesday.
The 22-year-old photojournalist was gang raped by the five accused when she was on an assignment for an English magazine and had gone to a desolate area in central Mumbai to take pictures of the abandoned factories. Her male companion was also attacked by the accused.
The woman remains warded in hospital after suffering serious injuries.