St Joseph school of Kalamboli, in the news for the alleged rape of an 8- year-old student in the school premises, has some more bad news.
One of their school buses caught fire on Sunday. Police have ruled out foul play saying it was an accident. No one was injured in the incident.
The bus parked within the school complex caught fire in the morning. Fire engines were rushed to the spot to extinguish it.
Since there have been protests against the school following the allegations, rumours spread that the bus had been burnt.
Denying the rumours, Kalamboli Senior Police Inspector S. K. Dubbal said: “There was a short-circuit in the bus battery which led to the cabin catching fire. It was not burnt.”
Added Dubbal, “There is strict police bandobast at the school to prevent any untoward incident. This was just an unfortunate accident.”