Now, varsity to offer MSc in finance | mumbai | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 12, 2017-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Now, varsity to offer MSc in finance

Mumbai University will offer a new Master of Science (MSc) course in Finance, proposed by the central government and aimed at keeping pace with the changing financial landscape, from June 2012.

mumbai Updated: Dec 09, 2011 01:43 IST
HT Correspondent

Mumbai University will offer a new Master of Science (MSc) course in Finance, proposed by the central government and aimed at keeping pace with the changing financial landscape, from June 2012.

The academic council of the university passed the proposal to launch the new course on Thursday. The course will have 50 seats and students will be admitted through an entrance test. Admissions will be open to those with a graduate degree who have done maths as undergraduates.

“It is a specialised programme aimed at creating senior level managers,” said TP Madhu Nair, dean of the commerce faculty that was involved in designing the course. “It will be a multidisciplinary programme.”

The programme will cover topics such as basic economics, corporate finance and econometrics and will be spread out over four semesters, with 96 credits in all. The semester examination will comprise 60% of the assessment, while the remaining 40% will be assessed internally.