Five months after he got his first threat for exposing how a plot meant for a burial ground had been handed over to a developer for an IT park, activist Anwar Shaikh was threatened again on Tuesday.
The incident occurred in Sion, minutes before he reached the suburban collector’s office, where he was going to check on the status of his complaint regarding the plot.
A shaken Shaikh narrated the incident, “I was driving to Bandra, when at a traffic signal near Sion, an unknown man knocked on the window of my car. When I rolled down my window, he reminded me of the two previous threats I got and said that this one would be the last one.”
An irate Shaikh then tried to stop the person, but in vain. “As soon as he said that, I opened the door and thought it would hit him. But, he escaped.”
Shaikh immediately went to the Sion police station and registered a non-cognisable offence, a copy of which is with the Hindustan Times.
Deputy commissioner of police (Protection) Supriya Yadav, whom Shaikh met on Wednesday to seek protection, refused to comment.